Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Blog


I do not really know what to write about when I blog even when things come into place I have found it difficult to express my true intentions in text alone.   Probably one of the reasons why I became interested in food is because it uses all of your senses.  "We eat more with our eyes than with our stomachs!" Probably something all of you have heard at least sometime in your culinary career. So bear with me in the beginning of this, it might be a little bumpy since I am new to blogging, but with time I feel my blogs will inspire the inner chef in all of us.

Classical Platter Arrangement on a mirror
Biscotti done multiple ways
Filet Mignon on top of mashed potatoes 
Seasonal Fruit Tart with kiwis, raspberries, and blueberries

A little about my time in the culinary industry.  I joined the Art Institute of San Diego in the Spring of 2011.  I know I should have started this blog back then, but hey at least now you wont be seeing my uncooked chickens or my unintentional fallen souffles. From there I spend the next year going through classes like basic skills where we learned and practiced everyday in class our knife cuts.  We also learned about mothers sauces and their derivatives and also how french cuisine has so much influence in what we do in the kitchen.  After skills class I went through several other classes to strengthen my skills, like Latin, Classical European, Baking and Pastry, World Cuisine, American Regional Cuisine, Asian Cuisine, and recently Garde Manger.  All were wonderful classes where we spent 11 weeks being taught by inspirational chefs that only fueled my fire to cook.    And now I made a blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment